The COVID-19 pandemic has caused major disruption for everyone, not least school children. The majority of school age children are having to conduct their learning from home, but not everyone has access to the equipment they need for distance learning.
In recognition of this need, the Rotary Clubs of Bridport & Brit Valley are appealing for donations of surplus laptops and tablets which will be distributed to local schools and given to children who need them.
- We ask that all devices are running Windows 10 or have Microsoft Office apps installed. This is to ensure we are able to install the required software.
- Preferably – Windows 10, 8GB Ram, 256 GB HDD or SSD and Wi-Fi-enabled
- Laptops should be reset to factory settings
- Chromebooks and iPads are acceptable.
- If you are donating a desktop which is no more than 5 years old, please ensure the device also has a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Each device will be wiped and have a full install before making its way to the children, and we’re happy to help with that as far as possibly can.
If you think you can help by donating a device, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on how to donate. If you’re not sure whether your device is suitable, please feel free to first drop us an email email@example.com and we’ll do our best to advise.